Eating fruits is the main character of a balanced and healthy diet. For that reason, they must be in our daily diet due to they give us essential nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Fruits are well-known as empowering antioxidants and anti-inflammatories for our health. Besides, one of the fruit benefits is that they are low-calorie (hypocaloric); for this reason, they are recommended in weight loss diets. On the other side, one of the advantages of eating fruit is that when you eat the whole fruit they preserve all their benefits and nutrients.
We’re used to eating fruit like a dessert. However, they don’t digest well after eating a meal, because most of their vitamins and minerals get lost in the digestion process. On the other side, eating fruits after a meal can result in its fermentation due to the digestion last longer when you consume it alone.
5 Portions per Day
The phrase “5 portions per day” refers to the number of fruits and vegetables we must consume daily, according to nutrition experts. As a result, those 5 portions of fruits and vegetables assure the necessary amount of vitamins, oligo-elements, and nutrients like bioflavonoids that our body needs.
Moreover, different studies show the link between elevated fruit intake and decreased incidence of diseases. For instance, it has been proven that the principal benefits of eating fruits are:
- Heart diseases prevention
- Immunity system regulation
- Detox properties. For example, hepatic and renal function stimuli, which prevent neurodegenerative diseases and some types of cancer.
- Improve intestinal transit.
- Help to avoid overweight and obesity.
Principal Fruit Nutrients
Fruits give to our body high quantities of vitamins. These are:
- Vitamin A: Essential for healthy eyes and skin, as for immune system enhancement. Principal fruits with vitamin A are oranges, apples, grapes, and kiwis.
- Vitamin C: Helps to tiredness and fatigue reduction. Besides, it helps with collagen formation, which is necessary for blood vessels, bones, cartilages, and gum. Also, it protects against oxidative damage. High vitamin C fruits are oranges, kiwi, and lemon.
- Vitamin B complex: These are an 8-hydrosoluble vitamins complex (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B12, and B12) which help to enhance energy metabolism and red globules formation. Furthermore, they’re essential for our organism growth and development. For instance, banana, pineapple, and oranges are vitamin B complex rich.
- Mineral salts: Daily fruit consumption helps to equilibrate mineral salts in our organism. Consequently, the most abundant mineral salt in fruits is potassium, which helps to regulate arterial pressure and water content in the organism. Besides, it facilitates muscular mass contraction and repairing after exercising.
- Alimentary Fiber: Fruits highlight due to their pectin content. Then, every 100 g of fruit have 2 g of fiber approximately. As a result, fiber helps us to regulate intestinal transit naturally.
- Carbohydates: Fructose is the natural sugar of fruits. So, as this is a saccharide, the organism absorbs it and assimilates it quickly, providing energy immediately.
- Water: Is the principal component, which is in most proportion in the fruit. Moreover, fruits will keep our body hydrated due to they have 80-90 g of water in a 100 g fruit. Because of its high water proportion, they have a high value and depurative power. Also, they help to organism detox, along fiber gives satiety sensation, helping to appetite control. Furthermore, fruit’s energetic value is very low, due to their high water content (80-90%)
5 Fruits that Must Be In Your Diet
- Banana: is a high nutritional value fruit, which is low-sodium; so, it’s beneficial for those with hypertension or cholesterol excess. Besides, they’re full of magnesium, zinc, folic acid, and vitamins A and C.
Moreover, this is a fruit that helps us to get better results at training, due to they give quick and easy assimilation energy. Also, it highlights for its potassium content; which prevents muscular cramps and regulates organism fluids levels.
- Apple: provide essential carbohydrates like fructose and sucrose. In addition, they’re diuretic, helping to remove toxins. Also, they have pectin, soluble fiber, which provide satiety properties and regulate cholesterol levels.
- Strawberry: is the fruit with the highest antioxidant capability, not just because of the anthocyanins’ presence but their high vitamin C content, too. Furthermore, it has many antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber.
It has a low glycemic index, which helps controlling sugar levels in the blood. Consequently, it’s beneficial for the vision, skin, ear, and the respiratory system. Also, due to their vitamin C content, they help to attack diseases like constipation and hyperthyroidism.
- Orange: The most known nutrient of orange is Vitamin C. Besides, they contain folic acid, minerals, fiber, and pectin quantities related to cholesterol and sugar levels decreasing.
- Pineapple: Is a high nutritional value fruit. Pineapple has digestive enzymes like bromelain and papain, which enhance proteins digestion. They protect our organism against free radicals, helps to improve digestion and upsurge metabolic energy. Besides, they contain vitamin A.
Your “5 A Day” Along With a Multivitamin
If you want to feel full of energy, yield well intellectually, and keep muscular tone, you must do a healthy, balanced, and varied diet. This way, you’ll obtain all vitamins and minerals your organism needs. Consequently, when those levels are optimum, you’ll feel stronger and more vitality when doing day-by-day activities.
Although we know eating fruits provide many benefits, the reality is that on many occasions we don’t have the time or is difficult for us to take a piece of fruit a day. For this reason, recurring to multivitamins complex is a good option, due to they help us balance nutrients and minerals levels our body needs.
According to the multivitamin, they can provide:
- Vitamins and mineral nutrients from banana, orange, pineapple, strawberry, and apple.
- Antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that help us with cell aging. Also, the help keeps cholesterol levels and fluids retention.
- The advice is to consume fruits in the entire form, counting their skin if it is eatable, in order to get the aids of high fibrous content present in them.
- It is constantly suggested to eat fruit on an unfilled stomach, or at least after a moderately light meal.
- Under no circumstances drink water right after consuming fruits as it can outcome in high acidity.
- When eating seasonal fruits guarantees that they are fresh.
- Not ever eat fruits along with your main meal; this can outcome in harsh acidity and digestive difficulty because fruits are typically slightly acidic in nature.
- The greatest nutritional value in fruits can be resulting when consumed raw.
- Fruits ought to be consumed in the morning, as this aids in detoxification and also helps in weight loss.
For more information to take care of your health, visit our website