Have you stop and think how important is to take care of your health and body? Your body is the place where you have to live, you decide how clean, and durable it is. Bet you hadn’t seen it this way, don’t you?
All the elements you need to start a healthier lifestyle are on your hands, you just have to know how to recognize them, to utilize them to take action and start to work them out for a better health.
The principal element you need to work on is your knowledge. You may ask yourself: really? Well yes, when you learn and internalize all the real information about nutrition and fitness, but most important about health, you’ll start to comprehend and to take action based on real information and you won’t take generic actions following a mass or trends which sometimes bring secondary effects in your health.
Another important thing you must have in consideration if you want to improve your lifestyle is your body memory. How? Well, when you make extreme changes on your routine and change completely what you do on your day by day, you may apply that for a certain period of time, one or two month maybe and then you will go back to the same trash, to the same bad habits. Your body memory won’t adopt those changes of a short period of time.
For this reason, if you want to make some changes in your routine and lifestyle, it’s recommendable to make little changes on different periods of times that way you will see real results, your body will create memory on tiny durable changes. Continue reading and learn how to make it.
What is considered a Healthy Lifestyle?
The expression “healthy lifestyle” is a shortened definition of how you should live if you want to get the fittest body you can—one that feels and looks great. You know the evident actions that define somebody who is healthy. A person with a healthy lifestyle doesn’t smoke, attempts to conserve a healthy weight, eats healthy foods with sufficient fruits, fiber and vegetables and, of course, workouts frequently.
At that point, there are other features to add to the list. Besides, a healthy person knows how to control stress, doesn’t drink too much alcohol, and gets good sleep every night. When you look at everything that could possibly go into a healthy lifestyle, you might see just how difficult all of those things are in our present-day.
The good thing is, as said before, you don’t have to make extreme changes on a short period of time, and you can make your little changes taking more steps every day being constant always.
Improve your Nutrition
All the foods you consume have an impact on your organism, and it will respond according to them reflecting then the effects of it. The truth is either you want to maintain your weight and figure or want to improve your health, you will obtain both by improving your nutrition and eating well.
Even you may already know all the good and bad foods and the fact that you must include based-plant foods to your meals, doing too many alterations at once can go wrong and having a limiting diet may make you desire the very foods you’re trying to evade. A reason to start making small changes on your day by day and certain ideas for varying how you eat include:
- Drink more water. Drink 2 or 3 liters of water per day, to start to detoxify your body and deflate.
- Eat more Fruits, especially in the first hours of the day. The best to detoxify are watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple due to their huge water content.
- Include more vegetables, vegetables cannot be missed in any food of the day, even breakfast. To add vegetables to your breakfasts you can add them to your sandwiches made with whole grain bread, egg whites or even a green shake with celery, lemon, spinach, lettuce, and
- Try a healthy salad dressing, if you usually used to eat full-fat salad dressing, change to something lighter and you’ll consequentially eat fewer
- Eat low fat, changing to fat-free yogurt o skim milk is another tiny step to eating a smaller number of calories.
- Work the art of substitution, Try to do a list of what you eat most and then go to the supermarket in search of a healthier version. Look at the nutritional facts and compare the quantities of refined sugars and simple carbohydrates.
- Start little by little, eat 4 or five meals a day, do your exercise, etc.
- Evade random diets, there are plenty of fast methods you can follow to lose some weight, but what easy comes easy goes and it’s damaging for your health and can generate a rebound
- Alcohol is nothing but sugar, it makes us feel hungrier. You must maintain a limit of two drinks per week.
Leave Sedentary Lifestyle Behind
You know you need to exercise, but there are always excuses not to do it. You’ll always come with a new one, you’re too occupied, don’t know where to start, you don’t feel motivated or you’re fearful you’ll hurt yourself while doing it.
It’s very important you keep in movement. Whatever is the description you have of exercise, the main thing is that exercise is movement. You must choose the activity you enjoy the most to exercise your body, even if it Is dancing, running, walking, swimming, or practicing any sport, that activity is exercise and every time you move more than you are used to, that counts.
When you exercise, your body receives many benefits:
- Recover memory in aged people
- Enhances joint stability
- Upsurges and improves range of gesture
- Decreases the risk of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes
- Keeps bone mass
- Improves humor and decrease symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Put off osteoporosis and fractures
- Improves self-esteem
- Aids maintain elasticity as you age
- Diminishes stress
You don’t precisely have to have a health problem to start moving your body, you must start doing it to improve your health instead. There are many simple ways to move your body. You can start the procedure of being healthy and now by including a little more movement to your life. You can start small if you are not ready for an arranged program. There are so many insignificant activities that count:
- Turn off the TV and PC, try to be less independent of electronic devices and dedicate time to spend it with your family and add some physical activities up.
- Walk more, this will keep you with energy, to do this you may want to park your car far from the entry of the mall, gym, apartment or work. You can go through the stairs instead of using the elevator. This way you add little changes to your routine.
- Do some household tasks, working with the garden, sweeping the floor, shoveling snow are activities that aren’t vigorous exercises but they keep you in movement.
Simple small changes in how you live may seem like a slow process, and it is. You just have to be persistent and work on little things every day and you’ll be amazed by how those little things really can make a difference.